About this Event
$5 for NC State students, $10 for faculty, staff and seniors and $12 for the general public.
Add to calendar
NC State Choirs' spring concert, Dreams and Inspirations, will feature performances by the University Singers, the Chamber Singers and the State Chorale. Works will include:
- The world premiere performance of "Snowflakes," Peter Askim's new work written for the State Chorale.
- The world premiere performance of "The Mountains Are Calling," Pepper Choplin's new SATB work.
- Pulitzer Prize winner Caroline Shaw's "To The Hands," a six-movement journey work written in response to Buxtehude's 17th-century masterpiece Membra Jesu Nostri, with themes considering liberty, poverty and displaced persons.
- Selections from Michael Bussewitz-Quarm's Where We Find Ourselves.
- Debussy's "Trois Chanson."
- Vocal Jazz works arranged by Zegree and Puerling.
- A group of songs with the theme "Music of Dreams."