Professional Development Boot Camp
The Career Development Center is excited to host a pre-semester Professional Development Boot Camp. You will learn the secrets to career success from Marcy Bullock, director of professional development. Participants can join us for all or part of the afternoon. Yoga breaks will be included throughout the event for self-care. During the boot camp, we will discuss:
- The top five most overlooked problems you may have on your LinkedIn profile.
- The three key selling points employers seek in student resumes.
- Are cover letters dead?
- 10 innovative ways to wow employers in a virtual interview.
- How to make the most out of the spring virtual career fairs.
- Should you take a gap year during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- The things to do each between now and May to heighten your chances of getting picked for a summer internship, co-op or entry-level job.
- The number one thing to do now to make yourself more marketable after the pandemic.
- 2021 career resources.
This session will be conducted via Zoom. Registration is required.
Wednesday, January 13 at 1:00 pm
to 4:00 pm