Responding to Insurrection: How Do We Talk With Students?
During this virtual event hosted by the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation, which is part of the College of Education, a panel of experts will talk about how we as educators can engage students in constructive conversations about this challenging moment in our nation’s history. The panelists are:
- Angela Cusaac, an assistant principal intern at L.B. Yancey and Pinkston Street Elementary School in Vance County.
- Marlin Jones, the 2020 North Carolina Council for Social Studies Teacher of the Year and social studies teacher at Broughton High School in Wake County.
- Meghan Manfra, an associate professor of social studies education in the College of Education.
- Hiller Spires, associate dean and executive director of the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation. Spires will moderate the event.
- LaTricia Townsend, director of federal program monitoring and support with the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
A link will be sent to those who register to attend.
Thursday, January 14 at 4:00 pm
to 5:00 pm