About this Event
Add to calendar
Join the Department of Sociology and Anthropology for the launch of its Student Ambassador Alumni Leadership Series. The purpose of the series is for alumni to meet students and engage those students in discussions about career paths and graduate school. Sociology and anthropology students and those interested in majors in the department are welcome to attend. The first session of the series will focus on the following:
- How to apply to graduate school.
- How to apply to law school, what law school is like and tips for taking the LSAT.
- How alumni are using their degrees in anthropology, sociology and criminology.
- How to be successful at NC State.
The guest speakers, all of whom are NC State graduates, are:
- Amber Dover, a graduate of the criminology program and a first-year law student at Wake Forest University.
- Lauren May, a Wake County magistrate who earned bachelor's degrees in criminology and psychology.
- Mary Erickson, an Ichthyology Unit technician at the North Carolina Museum Of Sciences and graduate of the anthropology program.
- Sydney Powell, an associate talent acquisition consultant in human resources at Allscripts and a graduate of the sociology program.
- Brianna Johnson, who earned bachelor's degrees in anthropology and criminology and is pursuing a master's degree in social work at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.